HISTPHD-L Archives

March 2015

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 14:23:04 +0000
Hello, everyone.

I am in the process of scheduling recruitment events for newly admitted Ph.D students, who will be on campus on Monday 23 March. Although we should have 7 or 8 new students overall, our recruitment tasks are somewhat lighter this year, in part because it looks as though we will not need airport rides. (Thus far at least, admitted students are from Ohio, Pa.,  and Va., so I expect most to drive.)

It is essential for prospective students to meet current students, and I need some volunteers to give a campus tour in the morning, get them from place to place during the day, and perhaps go out in a group for dinner at night. (This Monday is not a colloquium day.) I am also looking into the possibility of all or some of them visiting Clio 2 that night.

If you're willing to help in any capacity, please let me know. This is a great opportunity for you to give back to your community. And, remember, attracting top students is in everyone's interest insofar as doing so enhances the quality of the program and the value of your Mason degree.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

Cindy

Cynthia A. Kierner