HISTPHD-L Archives

March 2020

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2020 20:04:28 +0000
From:
Emily M Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
From: University Dissertat Thesis Services <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 3:55 PM
Subject: UDTS policy on Signature Sheets and Embargo Request Forms

Please keep this info for your records, and please share it with relevant students/faculty/listservs/etc.

As I've (understandably) received this question quite a bit over the last week, I wanted to make sure everyone is clear on my policy re: signing Signature Sheets and Embargo Request Forms.

I will accept digital/electronic signatures as long as they look like actual signatures, as opposed to a box stating something to the effect of "I certify that I agree" or something similar.

The sign-scan-send (s-s-s) method will also work, with this caveat: Signature Sheets can almost always withstand 1 round of s-s-s without issue. The second round may be fine, but after that, the chances that the Signature Sheet will warp/become "dirty" increase dramatically. Please use your judgment, and please be aware that I will not accept a messy/unreadable signed Signature Sheet. S-s-s is usually fine for Embargo Request Forms, as only 2 people (at the most) will sign them. But, again, please use your judgment.

I hope this helps; please let me know if you have any questions or need any further information.

Thank you,

Sally

Sally Evans
Coordinator
University Dissertation & Thesis Services
George Mason University
2005 Fenwick Library
Web: http://library.gmu.edu/udts
Phone: 703-993-2222
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Appointments: http://gmu.libcal.com/appointment/6908