HISTPHD-L Archives

February 2018

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Emily M Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily M Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:17:31 +0000

APPLY TODAY FOR THE 2018 MASON LEADERSHAPE INSTITUTE PROGRAM!!!

You can apply online at: https://lead.gmu.edu/leadershapeinstitute/.  The deadline to apply is March 23, 2018.

Here's what students are saying about Mason LeaderShape Institute:
·         "In six days, the Mason LeaderShape Institute embodied what George Mason University stands for, a message that takes some students their entire college career to learn: freedom to grow and discover the numerous possibilities in the world, and learning how being a leader is something anyone can accomplish if they “have a healthy disregard for the impossible.”
·          "I am so grateful to the LEAD office for providing me with that collaborative space and especially for that week-long immersion into those relationships. LeaderShape has continued to impact my outlook on my abilities. I am constantly reflecting on my knowledge learned in the week, and applying it to my day-to-day situations. I often find my motivation comes from thinking about all the goals I set back at LeaderShape. At the end of that week, I walked away so excited to start the Fall semester, feeling very connected to my campus community."
·          "Going to the LeaderShape Institute was one of the most enriching experiences I have had during my college experience. During this 6-day institute, I grew tremendously as a person. I was put into an environment with other students, faculty, staff, and professionals that all wanted to focus on personal development and personal growth while learning how to contribute their own individual voice to events and issues that are important today. This institute allowed me to take a deeper look into myself and where I currently stand with my leadership skills and how I could grow and develop more into the woman that I wanted to become. I left with so many useful tools and connections to others at Mason because of this trip."
·          "Being a part of the LeaderShape Institute at Mason provided me with the BIGGEST transformation throughout my college experience. The things I gained from LeaderShape are things few people, who are lucky enough, get to experience in their lifetime. For the first time in my life, I was given tools to help me define myself."
·          "The most rewarding aspect of Mason LeaderShape was what I learned about myself and my capacity to be a catalyst for positive change. This has allowed me to focus on my vision and continue to work on it in a way that will contribute to society."

If you are interested in applying to be a part of the 2018 Mason LeaderShape Institute experience, complete an application online at: http://lead.gmu.edu/leadershapeinstitute/. To participate in the Mason LeaderShape Institute experience, students are required to participate for the duration of the program from May 21-26, 2018.Mason LeaderShape Institute will take place at the Bishop Claggett Center in Buckeystown, Maryland . Students will be staying overnight at the facility during the week and we will provide meals, transportation, and lodging. More information about Mason LeaderShape Institute can be found on our website at http://lead.gmu.edu/leadershapeinstitute/.

If you have any questions, please contact the LEAD Office at 703-993-4186 or via email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. The deadline to apply is March 23rd. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity...spaces are limited, so apply today! Hope to see you at this year's LeaderShape Institute!

Best,
Lisa Snyder
Associate Director for Leadership Education and Development
The LEAD Office
Website: http://lead.gmu.edu<http://lead.gmu.edu/>