HISTPHD-L Archives

August 2018

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2018 12:53:14 +0000

________________________________
From: Claudine Ferrell (cferrell) <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 8:21 PM
To: Sam Lebovic
Subject: Adjunct needed

Prof. Lebovic –

With only three weeks until the start of the fall semester, my department (History and American Studies) at Mary Washington in Fredericksburg is getting a bit desperate and hope that you might be able to help. We have not been able to find anyone to teach two advanced courses.

Up until now, the courses have been Latin America Survey and Atlantic World. As the Latin Americanists whom we contacted all found better (in most cases, less travel) opportunities, I am now looking for anyone who might be interested in teaching two courses on the advanced level. In other words, they are not limited to Latin America and the Atlantic World. We are willing to change the courses to something different (no restrictions at this point) in order to avoid cancelling them and putting students (25 per class) in a difficult rescheduling situation.

Currently, the time slots are 3:30-4:45 TR and 6:00-7:15 TR. (Some adjustment of those times might be possible if rooms are available.)

If you know of anyone who might at this late date wish to gain some teaching experience (and put themselves in a good position to teach for us full-time in the spring, a rare opportunity at UMW), please ask them to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

I appreciate your time and help.

Sincerely,

Claudine Ferrell