HISTPHD-L Archives

March 2020

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2020 16:05:18 +0000
From:
Emily M Gibson <[log in to unmask]>
—

The Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media (RRCHNM) is seeking a half- time (20 hours per week) staff member to assist us with our work in the digital humanities.

This is a 20 hour per week position with a flexible schedule, however, the person hired will need to coordinate their schedule with our staff web designer. We are located on the university’s Fairfax campus.

George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.

Responsibilities:

The primary responsibilities for this position fall under the category of user experience testing. The person hired will work with our staff web designer and software developers to test various digital projects for usability, errors, and bugs. The work at RRCHNM is a highly collaborative and mostly takes place at a large development table in our offices.

Required Qualifications:

            • Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems;
            • Prior experience with software testing.

Preferred Qualifications:

            • Experience filing descriptive issues in GitHub or other software using issue tracking;
            • Comfortable working at the command line, specifically using SSH and GIT commands;
            • Experience with web accessibility practices.

https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/48003