HISTPHD-L Archives

September 2009

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Steven A. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:31:55 -0400
Please note Brian Platt's e-mail attached below.  I strongly suggest
that if you are a 20th century U.S. history student that you take this
opportunity to meet this Friday with one of the most eminent scholars in
your field.  These can prove to be very important meetings for graduate
students, and they don't happen that often.  (I myself greatly benefited
from a similar meeting with Stephen Kotkin, a star in the Soviet field,
at the stage when I was conceptualizing my dissertation project.)

If you will attend, please RSVP to Brian Platt ([log in to unmask]).