HISTPHD-L Archives

November 2010

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Mack Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:30:48 -0500
Dear Historians,

Essays in History (EiH), the annual journal of the University of
Virginia's Corcoran Department of History, is currently soliciting
articles and book reviews for its forty-fifth issue, to appear in the
summer of 2011. EiH continues its tradition as a source of
high-quality historical work by graduate students, outstanding
undergraduates, and emerging young scholars.

Our 2010 issue features articles on post-colonial theory,
environmental history in the U.S. Civil War, technology in colonial
India, and slavery in the late Roman Empire. It also includes reviews
of scholarly works from a range of fields.  In 2011, in addition to
publishing several articles by graduate students, we aim to publish
one outstanding undergraduate essay and multiple book reviews
representing all fields of historical inquiry.

If you would like to learn more about the journal or view our most
recent issue, please visit our website:
<http://www.virginia.edu/history/EIH/>http://www.virginia.edu/history/EIH/
.

The deadline for article and book review submissions is January 15,
2011. Authors interested in submitting book reviews should contact us
prior to their submission in order to determine the monograph to be
reviewed.

Essays in History can be contacted at
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

With best wishes for the rest of the term,
The Editors of Essays in History

--
Mack P. Holt

Tel.: (703)-993-1259