HISTPHD-L Archives

December 2015

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Nicole A Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicole A Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2015 21:57:18 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for faculty and grad student presenters for the GMU Early Americas Workshop meetings next semester. We had one meeting this semester and it was great - George Oberle, Ph.D. candidate in History and History Librarian at the GMU Libraries, presented a section of his dissertation in October.

Our primary goal with this workshop is to create a community of Early Americanists at Mason and to get to know and learn from each other. The presentation can be as informal or formal as you would like; you could present part of your work and get feedback, you could discuss methods and sources, you could raise questions and we could have a discussion. If you would like to present please let one of us know ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). We would be happy to have projects on literature, art history, anthropology, history, and other aspects of colonial and pre-contact Latin America, British America, the Atlantic World, etc.

Best,

Joan Bristol (History), Tamara Harvey (English), George Oberle (History)

George D. Oberle III
History Librarian, Research Services
4400 University Drive MS 2FL
Fairfax, VA 22030