HISTPHD-L Archives

July 2021

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Susan Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2021 17:43:57 +0000
Special Collections Research Center is seeking a Reading Room Coordinator to monitor the Reading Room, provide good customer service, fulfill photocopy requests, write posts for our social media platforms and assist with the management of our rare book collections by completing inventories and doing some preservation work. Other job duties may be assigned from other units within special collections relating to quality control, metadata collection, exhibit work or help with projects. We are looking for detail-oriented, responsible and personable students.

Required Qualifications:
Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 35 lbs., climb ladders, and reach shelves required. Basic computer skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills needed

Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with using social media in a business setting is preferred. Experience with Adobe, particularly Photoshop. Customer service experience.

** For full consideration**
Applicants must be available to work a set schedule for the fall semester. For full consideration you must be available to work Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, from 10:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Must be available to work during summer, winter and spring breaks when the university is open A completed Availability Form must be submitted An in person interview is required

For more information, see

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1Zv8xdknTuKN3diMYTej3pR9A-OgBawE1qB-bB8GU-iruw4tRW5dGuU33rMndHx5xZtCLfItD8S-tc2GLRSRcqn3UPYOUFO0r2cL_i4qSx6PF0E0Cuddj4nA9uzJwkO0azOTYp5ADxVVTjR1XnSfdgfOJPKH-m6U2h1Wc7gkELqDcSFILDmCuyF5-aGoL5WF4nIzDO4uZ9Sz_1mwSn0I9VwWFONkQ1ybRhhjz3eIEyCItZQi1K6T1OhwSPr9rCGZz_DvAy8Kkf8negUcxHRghZqeFyPW0vsN_xMKdQS2XjpOyZu76qJfyjoP9BJgPyremjV0b35e9O2QfjlLvg49Cg6zfop5o9dw6eyAqGTzQsAbD7kndooBGvE_lSX3p1bjGTW2rudMDZ-sgpPq03Jap2BaJRKJMNc7pclTKJ0-OU58qFsA6KRtZb1DjR2fD1LUV/https%3A%2F%2Fgmu.joinhandshake.com%2Fjobs%2F5069904

Susan Woods

Susan Woods, Office Manager
Department of History and Art History
3106 Horizon Hall

Phone: 703-993-2092
Web: historyarthistory.gmu.edu
Email:  [log in to unmask]
ADDRESS:
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY
4400 University Dr. MS 3G1
Fairfax VA 22030

The HIST/ARTH main office will reopen on August 16th, 2021.  Until then all staff are teleworking.