HISTPHD-L Archives

March 2012

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Sender:
HISTPHD-L <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Laura McCloskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:32:32 -0500
Please see internship message below:

Good afternoon,

I am the Digital Content Manager for the Smithsonian National Museum of
African American History & Culture, which is scheduled to open on the
National Mall in 2015.  I have unpaid internship openings for this
summer and also for next fall, and I'm trying to find interns who have
experience with and interest in digital history projects.  I was hoping
you could pass this along to any appropriate mailing lists.

There are several project possibilities, including coordinating the
development of an educational mobile application for our exhibit opening
this winter, and work on web/mobile/digital projects for our inaugural
exhibits when the museum opens in 2015.  Here's the blurb for the
internship:

Digital Content & History

The intern will assist in the planning and development of the museum's
web, social media and mobile technology. Duties may include writing for
the NMAAHC blog and social media, researching best practices for digital
history initiatives, and developing specific digital history and culture
projects. Internships may focus on upcoming exhibits, development for
the inaugural exhibits, or on-going projects. The intern must have solid
computer and research skills, a background and interest in digital
history, demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently.

For more information and instructions on how to apply, they can visit
http://nmaahc.si.edu/getinvolved/internships.  Many thanks for your
assistance!

Regards,
Marcella L. Florence
Digital Content Manager
National Museum of African American
History and Culture
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]><mailto:[log in to unmask]>
202.633.9515
nmaahc.si.edu
<http://nmaahc.si.edu><applewebdata://D97717CB-68D3-4BFE-8085-97A120A1AAF1/nmaahc.si.edu>