HISTPHD-L Archives

December 2018

HISTPHD-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lebovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2018 12:39:41 +0000
________________________________
From: Broussard, James <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 8:25:11 PM
To: Broussard, James
Subject: Political History conference--call for papers

Call for Papers: Third Annual Conference on American Political History

Lebanon Valley College's Center for Political History holds its third annual conference Friday & Saturday, May 31-June 1, 2019, in Annville, PA.
There will be two session times Friday afternoon and four on Saturday, with a post-dinner plenary talk Friday evening by Dr. Joanne Freeman of Yale University.

Registration is a bargain at only $40, and there will be shuttle service from the Harrisburg airport and Lancaster train station to many local motels and to the college.  There are quite a few motels in and around Annville, and dormitory accommodations are available on campus.

Proposals on any topic in American political history,  broadly construed, are welcome, from pre-contact Native American governance to the 2018 elections.

Anyone who organizes a full panel (chair, 3 papers, and 1 or 2 commentators) gets free registration.  (This applies only to the person submitting the proposal, not to everyone on the panel; there's a fine line between generosity and bankruptcy.)

No CVs or abstracts necessary at this time; all I need are names, emails, and affiliations (and, for presenters, tentative topic or paper title). Deadline is February 15, 2019.   I await the flood of top-notch session proposals!

We expect to publish the best papers in the first annual volume of a new series, Studies in Political History.

If you have any questions, contact me by email, text, phone, or semaphore.

Jim Broussard
Director, Center for Political History
(717) 507-5171