ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2015

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:38:45 -0400
From:
No, wait, it's *not* a bug.  ECJ's stdev is not scaled to fit in bounds.  You'd have to say:

>> pop.subpop.0.species.mutation-stdev.0 =   0.0001

[or whatever]

I understand your intuition here, but stdev is a fixed quantity.  Imagine if someone had the stdev set and then they needed to change the min/max gene, and found that the stdev magically changed as well.  And if it were a relative quantity, what min/max width range would it be relative *to*?

Maybe I might be able to add some parameter like mutation-rstdev which sets the stdev on a per-gene basis based on the min and max genes.  But you'd need to give me exactly what it should be relative to and how you think it should be scaled.

Sean