ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

November 2004

From:
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:48:57 -0500
You may have noticed changes in the last release to Individual.java.  A
great many of the abstract methods dealing with printing and reading
the individual have now been given stupid, concrete "default"
definitions in case you didn't want to deal with all that, and also
they've been merged so you only have to override two or three methods
to get complete functionality.

I am considering doing the same thing to Fitness.java.  However, unlike
Individual, Fitness is an interface.  I don't know why I did that a
long time ago, but I am contemplating changing Fitness to an abstract
class and providing default implementations of a number of those
classes.

Any comments would be welcome.  Please post them to the group and not
mailed directly to me.