ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2006

From:
Harri Salakoski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 13:50:29 +0200
> 1) How do I save the best-of-generation individual to a file each
> generation (or every N generations)?  My individuals are too large to
> print, and I'd like to do some other things with them after I evolve
> them.
You write your individuals file. You need naming definition like
"simulation"_+"generation"_id.
And you just write your customized individual/population writing method. In
java there are quite
standard ways to write file so kind of don't understand question.

> 2) As mentioned, I'm coevolving Go players.  To see that I'm making
> progress, I'd like to test the best-of-generation individual against
> a random player and against a known good player every so many
> generations.  Is there any easy way to do this?
Aha jou as I also. Just call evolve function between those players you want
to compare and save result for some file.
Traditionally if you really want to see are you individuals progressing in
co-evolution you should have external fitness measuring
function which is not part of evolutive prosess.

t. harri