ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

June 2008

From:
Denis Robilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:16:33 +0200
Hi,

I just performed some experiences with the "breedthreads" and
"evalthreads" parameters on the tutorial regression problem. On a dual
core machine, I observed that the performance increases (computing time
roughly divided by 2) when breedthreads = 2 & evalthreads=1,  but there
is no gain when breedthreads = 1 & evalthreads=2 . However the stat file
shows that most of the running time is spent for evaluation (as
expected). Is there some dependencies between breedthreads and
evalthreads values ?

--
Denis Robilliard
L.I.L.