ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

February 2014

From:
Xiaomeng Ye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:03:40 -0500
Thanks for the fast reply! You are probably right, I enter debug mode and
halt right before the heap memory error, and try to the tree that is being
cloned. It gives a memory error too, probably because the tree is way too
big. Some of the previous trees that are printable give me a huge string of
trees.

However, in my parameter file, I clearly set:
parent.0 = ../koza/koza.params
gp.koza.xover.maxdepth = 4
gp.koza.mutate.maxdepth = 4
and I am using the default koza half builder, with:
gp.tc.0.init = ec.gp.koza.HalfBuilder
gp.koza.half.min-depth = 2
gp.koza.half.max-depth = 6
gp.koza.half.growp = 0.5

According to my understanding, the parameters I have set should overwrite
the default ones. Is there anywhere else I should be aware of to control
the size of my trees? Thanks!

Ye Xiaomeng