ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

September 2013

From:
Ralf Buschermöhle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:31:24 +0200
Hm, no ... same effect ... let me sketch the testing scenario

1.) firing up the master
2.) starting x threads
3.) killing x threads
4.) dumping stack for checking (easy to check: filesize)
5.) repeating 2-4 several times and the filesize is growing

I also looked inside the stack dump and there are not Exception etc.

Please find attached a stack after several reconnects ...

As far as I understood this approach should reuse the threads. So not spawning new ones when there are still some left - thus I would expect the stack filesize to grow when the maximal number of concurrent slaves increases but stay at the same level when below. Ralf   On Sep 8, 2013, at 22:08, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:31 AM, Ralf Buschermöhle wrote: > >> I just tried the code - but since I am not working on the current SVN branch and I changed some things in the code for my analysis I roughly adapted some things. >> >> Nevertheless I noticed >> >> a.) Connects and Disconnects are fast >> b.) the threadpool tends to get larger (and larger) ... and the threads are not reused? ... I attached two thread dumps >> b.1.) after a few hundred connects and disconnects with (no slave connected then dumping the threads) > > There were some bugs in performing joins. Try this version. > > <ThreadPool.java> > > Sean