ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2010

From:
Jake Pacheco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:20:12 -0500
Sean,

Thanks very much, I was referring to GP. Does this mean that individuals
form one generation are never carried straight over to another (i.e. they
are always cloned)?

For my application, in clone(), I think i need to do
bar = new ArrayList();
since i want the array list to be empty at the start of every generation
(you were correct, I do not want them pointing to the same place). So, foo2
and foo3 both are in the new population and foo2.bar and foo3.bar are both
empty.

Can foo ever be in the new population as well (say, if the individual it is
a part of is carried over unaltered)? If foo can be in the new population,
is there a way to ensure that foo.bar is reinitialized? Or, are individuals
always cloned somehow before being placed in the new population?

Thanks,

Jake