ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

March 2011

From:
Jimin Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:37:11 -0400
The tutorial is done in the folder "ecj\ec\app\tutorial14" like it is
indicated in the tutorial.
I checked the "out.stat" that exists in the root "ecj" folder as this is the
only place where this file is found.
The out.stat file contains a solution to ant problem and not for the
tutorial 14.
I did not do all the previous tutorials and went right ahead to 14, so did I
miss the part where
I was supposed to do something to create my own out.stat file?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Jimin.  The output you listed at the end of your message is written to
> the statistics file (by default called "out.stat").  The output you saw in
> red is printed to the screen.  These are different things.
>
> Look for the out.stat file and see if it contains more or less the same
> stuff that's in the tutorial.  Note that it might be slightly different in
> results because ECJ bug fixes and improvements will shift the random number
> sequence slightly (evolutionary computation is a stochastic process) but the
> format will be more or less the same.
>
> Sean
>
> On Mar 16, 2011, at 4:52 AM, Jimin Park wrote:
>
>  I am a beginner in using ECJ.
>> I have tried out the tutorial 14 from the website.
>>

>> http://www.cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/ecj/docs/tutorials/tutorial4/index.html
>>
>> and the output I get is different from the tutorial.
>> Attached is the screen shots of what I got and what it is supposed to be.
>> Could somebody tell me what is wrong with it?
>>
>> ps. I have followed exactly what was told in the tutorial.

Jimin Park
Undergraduate Student
Carleton University
613) 204 - 5990