ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

January 2008

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:34:41 -0500
From:
To: ECJ Evolutionary Computation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
Brad, the ERC classes and KozaFitness have literally nothing to do
with one another.    So I'm not sure that's the problem, unless your
ERC class does some bizarre like reach into the individual's fitness
and fools with it (not likely!).

Perhaps there's a rounding error or a simplification in what's
getting printed?  KozaFitness doesn't define an ideal individual as
having an adjusted fitness of 1.0: it defines an ideal individual as
having a *raw* fitness (and thus a standardized fitness) of *0.0*.
You might check to see if the individuals you have with 1.0 adjusted
fitnesses indeed have a raw fitness of precisely 0.  Perhaps some raw
fitnesses very close to 0 might produce 1.0 in a Java float.

Sean