ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

July 2013

From:
David vun Kannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:46:21 -0400
Hi Sean,
Last week I had a quick read of your GECCO 2013 paper on using Meta-EA to directly find the optimum, instead of finding good parameters (what I'm calling Meta-EA For The Win). My first thought about how to do this in ECJ is to just make a set of subpopulations, each with a different set of parameter settings. Is that on the right track? But that seems wasteful of evaluations, so I was wondering if there is some way to control which subpopulation runs more often - as a way to allocate trials.
Excellent paper, a lot of food for thought!
Cheers,David vun Kannon