ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

August 2011

From:
Roger Worden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:10:24 -0700
I'm still struggling to figure out how to have my fitness logic output some values to the statistics file, so I can see them in relation to the individual. I don't think I can do it from a statistics hook or from a method on the individual, because the variables are internal to the fitness algorithm. I can see how to find the statisticslog variable, but the fitness object only receives the state, not the parameter base (at least as far as I can see). In the example code, base is passed in to the setup() method, but the fitness method doesn't have a setup() method.

I can simply output the variables, but they go to stdout instead of the statistics file, and I'd like it to be near the genome output.

What am I missing? Is there some sample code for how to output variables to the statistics log from within the context of a fitness method?