ECJ-INTEREST-L August 2011

Re: Sample code for fitness methods?

Roger Worden <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:56:37 -0700

text/plain

After revisiting the code, I realized that my description below is not accurate. I've written an evaluate() method in the Problem class, implementing SimpleProblemForm. This method returns a fitness value; I'm not actually implementing a fitness() method. Within the evaluate() method, I would like to output some local variable values before they are lost, since they are not returned to any calling method. I need to know how to access the parameter base from within evaluate(), so I can output variables to the statistics text file instead of stdout. I think this output will occur before postEvaluationStatistics is called, so I will probably need to output the generation and individual counters along with my local variables.

Thanks.