ECJ-INTEREST-L Archives

December 2008

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:02:02 -0500
From:
To: ECJ Evolutionary Computation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]>
You'll need some function that's called at the appropriate time.  One
easy way to do this is to override
SimpleEvaluator.evaluatePopulation(...) to first call
super.evaluatePopulation(...), then check to see if it's the right
generation to change the genome size.  If it is, you go through the
population and modify all the individuals' arrays as you see fit.  It's
fine to replace the arrays with new arrays and copy in the old data as
you like.

Remember to replace SimpleEvaluator with your new subclass in your
parameter file:

eval = foo.bar.baz.MyNewEvaluator

Sean