BIS-L Archives

October 2009

BIS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:19:08 -0400
From:
"Stephanie A. Barnett" <[log in to unmask]>
What:  CIA Intelligence Analysis/Gaming Exercise

When:  Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where:  Career Services, Student Union I, Rm 348

Time:  6-9:00pm

Sponsored by:  University Career Services

Students interested in working with Central Intelligence Agency (CIA):
Have you ever wondered what intelligence analysts do?  Want to learn more
about working for the CIA?

Join us for a simulation of a fast-moving international security crisis.
You will play the role of an intelligence analyst.

Intelligence analysts at the CIA gather information from a wide variety of
sources and draw on their own personal expertise and that of their
colleagues. You and your teammates will be charged with assessing a fast-
breaking international crisis and determining its impact. Your team must
quickly evaluate the situation, assess the impact to the United States, and
advise the President on possible outcomes.

The exercise will also include a “mini” class on intelligence briefing from
a CIA University instructor.

Requirements & Majors:

    * Please note: US Citizenship and accumulative GPA of 3.0 or above are
required to participate - space is limited to 24 participants.
    * This exercise is best suited to both undergraduate/graduate students
with majors in Economics, Public Administration, Political Science,
Biodefense, Government  and International Politics, Global Affairs,
History, Languages/Russian Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, ADJ and ICAR.

To register go to: https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/events/CIAFall2009

In addition, please write a brief 100 word (or less) paragraph on 'Why I
want to attend this event and what my interests are in working for the
CIA,' please email your Name, G# and paragraph to: