BIOSCIENCES-L Archives

November 2021

BIOSCIENCES-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
"Diane St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2021 16:10:53 +0000

Dear PhD Students,
Spring 2022 registration has begun!
If you plan to register for independent study credits (BINF 996 or BIOS 898 or 899 Directed Study/Research) in spring 2022, please consult with the professor you will be working with to fill out the form on https://science.gmu.edu/academics/departments-units/systems-biology/student-forms under "Doctoral Students".  Send me the form once it's signed by you and the professor.  Digital/electronic signatures are fine.

For a lab rotation (BINF 703 or BIOS 703), first email the professor for permission and then forward his/her answer to me.  I'll email you the CRN to register with on Patriot Web.

If you have not registered in previous terms for dissertation proposal credits (BINF or BIOS 998) and want to begin proposal registration this spring term, you'll need to first form a dissertation committee. Talk with your faculty research advisor about possible committee members.  The "Committee Formation form" is found on https://science.gmu.edu/academics/departments-units/systems-biology/student-forms    Please send it along to me once your committee members have signed, and I will get the dept. signatures. If you have registered for 998 in previous terms, have your committee members sign the Dissertation Progress form attached, and forward it to me.
Any questions please let me know.  I will need to have the necessary forms or emails for spring registration by Monday December 6.

thank you,
Diane St. Germain

Diane St. Germain
Graduate Student Services Coordinator
School of Systems Biology - College of Science
George Mason University, Science & Tech Campus
10900 University Blvd., MS 5B3
Manassas, VA 20110