BIOLSERV-L Archives

November 2013

BIOLSERV-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:30:02 +0000

Please mark your calendars for this semester's Student Research Day, Tuesday, December 3rd, from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on the Prince William Campus.

"Student Research Day" is a venue for graduate students from the School of Systems of Biology , as well as other PW departments, to present the research they have been working on throughout the semester.

Student Research Day is graduation requirement for individuals in the BCB program. It is optional for all other students.

This semester we will have three options for students to present their research:

  1.  Oral Presentations-these individuals must be nominated by their advisers. Generally, there will be six to eight slots for oral presentations. In order to make this fair for everyone only one person can represent each adviser.
  2.  Poster Presentations- these individuals can nominate themselves with permission from their adviser.
  3.  Digital Presentations- these individuals will need to provide their own laptop computers for their presentation. Digital presentations will take place at the same time as poster presentations.

The deadline for signing up to participate in Student Research Day is Monday, November 18th, 2013. After this deadline you will not be guaranteed space/time to present.

Please contact me if you are interested in presenting a poster or if you are interested in doing a digital presentation. If you are interested in doing an oral presentation you will need to speak to your faculty adviser and ask them to nominate you. I will not be able to accept any oral presentation information from students.
Thank you,

Linda D. Chilin
Administrative Assistant
School of Systems Biology
George Mason University | 10900 University Blvd MSN 5B3
Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: 703-993-8400