BIOLSERV-L Archives

February 2013

BIOLSERV-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
"Diane St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:44:40 -0500
Dear Master's students,
It's time to plan ahead for next semester's registration!

To register for thesis or project credits (BIOL 799 or BIOL 798), you
should be at the end of your MS course requirements. Thesis or Project
registration is done in the final semesters. You will first form a
committee made up of 3 faculty with your research advisor / P.I. as the
Chair. At least two committee members will be from SSB; the third member
can be from another dept or from SSB, as long as they are a Mason
faculty member.  Talk with your faculty advisor for suggestions on who
may be appropriate candidates for your thesis or project committee.
Have your committee sign the *SSB Graduate Committee Formation Form*.

Submit a proposal to them for approval ONE SEMESTER AHEAD of your
planned BIOL 798 or BIOL 799 registration.  Have your committee sign the
*SSB MS Proposal Approval form* and send it to me with a copy of the
approved proposal for processing.  I will then be able to send you the
CRN to register with for fall 2013.

*For fall 2013 registration* the deadline to submit a graduate committee
formation form with signatures to my office will be *April 30*. The
deadline to submit a signed Thesis or Project proposal approval form
with signatures will be *May 31*.

Forms are found on http://ssb.gmu.edu/students.html

thank you,
Diane St. Germain