ABFAS-L Archives

March 2011

ABFAS-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:01:36 -0500
From:
"Kevin R. Slaughter" <[log in to unmask]>
Good Afternoon All,

My thanks to everyone who attended our Black History Month event /Celebrating
the Educators - Sharing the Legacy/.  I hope you enjoyed the evening and will
continue to support our activities in the months ahead.  Now it's time for March
Madness, so let's go Mason Patriots!

Just a reminder...

The Association of Black Faculty, Administrators & Staff (ABFAS) will hold its
monthly brown bag community lunch on Wednesday, March 2nd from 12:00 PM to 1:30
PM.   This month's organizational meeting will be a*video conference* with
colleagues from the Arlington, Fairfax, and Prince William campuses
participating.   Please see the attached agenda of items for discussion.  For
those of you on the Arlington campus - please go to Founders Hall, Room B119
(seats 20).  Larry Hennsey of Technology Support (ext. 3-8250) is the conference
liaison there.  If you'll be attending in Prince William, please go to Bull Run
Hall, Room 254 Conf (Seats 16).  Charvis Campbell, University Life (ext. 3-8373)
is coordinating attendees there.  For colleagues here on the Fairfax campus
we'll meet in the Engineering Building, Room1605 (seats 8, but we'll accommodate
as needed).  This is a great opportunity to bring a portion of Mason's Black &
African Heritage administrators, faculty and staff through the use of
technology.  Our intent is two hold one video meeting with the three campuses
during the Spring and Fall semesters going forward.  We look forward to seeing
you on screen!

Also, ABFAS will hold its Happy Hour Meet-n-Greet on Friday, March 4th from 5:30
PM to 8:00 PM at our new location - Icons Sports Lounge & Grille on 10418 Main
Street in Fairfax (phone: 703 865-6101, http://fairfaxicons.com/index.php).
Feel free to invite Mason colleagues who may wish to join us for a casual
get-together at the end of the work week as the NCAA basketball tournament
season gets underway.

For more information about the Association of Black Faculty, Administrators &
Staff, visit our website today at http://abfas.gmu.edu/index.html

Thanks to all current members for your continued support of ABFAS!

Have a good day,

KRS