Dear Colleagues,

I would like to thank Professor Duminda Wijesekera for his years of service to the Cyber Security Engineering Department as its first department chair. Duminda has served as Acting Chair since January 2020, to help get the department launched successfully. That mission has been accomplished! Under his leadership, the MS in Cyber Security Engineering was established, and the BS program has grown significantly. Throughout all of this, Duminda has continued to grow his research portfolio substantially in very important areas, making it ever harder to juggle all of his responsibilities.  At this time, he has decided that research should once again be his primary focus.

John Shortle has agreed to serve as CYSE’s acting chair, while continuing to serve as chair of the SEOR department until the search for a permanent CYSE chair can be completed. This is effective immediately. We will be sharing information on the search process in the coming weeks.

Once again, I would like to thank Duminda for his leadership and guidance of the CYSE department, and wish him considerable success with his research.

Sincerely,

Ken

____________________________________

Kenneth S. Ball, Ph.D., P.E.

Dean, College of Engineering and Computing

George Mason University

Nguyen Engineering Building

4400 University Drive, MS 4A3

Fairfax, VA 22030