I’m using eclipse so I’ll have to do that manually, but I figured it was something like that

From: MASON Multiagent Simulation Toolkit <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sean Luke
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2022 7:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Problems running tutorial in manual

The Console class grabs a couple of images, such as the play, stop, and pause icons, when it is fired up.  These icons are ultimately stored right next to the Console.class file.  Console looks them up like this:

              Console.class.getResource("Play.png")

If the image is missing, then this expression will return null and you'll get this error I'm guessing.

What might be the cause?  Probably a build error.  Due to Maven (ugh) MASON presently has all of its resources, including the images, stored in a different directory than its java files.  When you build MASON it needs to merge them the image directory with its class directory so they're located in the right spot.  If you build using the Makefile it'll do this right: if you build using Maven it'll also do it right.

That's all I've got: hopefully this will be enough of a clue.

Sean