Dear Students,

Yesterday, an email from President Washington was sent out to the University on the passing of our Bioengineering Department Chair, Dr. Michael Buschmann.  As a department, we are deeply saddened and shocked by the loss.  In his short time here, Dr. Buschmann had made a tremendous impact on all our lives and pushed the department to great new heights.  We echo Dr. Washington’s words.  Dr. Buschmann was an amazing scholar, researcher, educator, colleague, and friend.  He will be sorely missed.

We are here for you, and together as a family we will get through this difficult time together.  Again, we wanted to let you know that there are free, confidential services available through CAPS.  Please reach out to CAPS at 703-993-2380 or https://caps.gmu.edu.  The point of contact at CAPS is Alex Harrison

We will be sending out further information on how the department plans to honor Dr. Buschmann’s memory.

The faculty and staff are here to support you and my door is always open.

Shani Ross, PhD.

Associate Chair

Bioengineering Department