Happy New Year and I hope that 2022 is off to a great start for everyone.

I would like to announce some Dean’s Office Organizational changes.

In alignment with changes being made across the university, we are implementing the new Chief Business Officer (CBO) structure here within the College. It is with great pleasure that I announce that Kim Goodwin-Slater has been appointed as the College’s inaugural CBO. Kim’s hard work, dedication, and outstanding leadership as part of the Dean’s Office senior staff over the last five years has made this an extremely easy decision. Kim is already responsible for most of the expected job functions of the CBO in this new business model that Mason has adopted, so this change in title acknowledges her current role.

As CBO, in addition to supervision and oversight of the College’s financial planning and management, and research administration functions, Kim will now also direct the College’s human resources and IT functions. She will also play a central role in the collaboration and process improvement and strategic planning processes for the College.

Additionally, Dr. Chris Carr is now the Associate Dean for Diversity, Outreach and Inclusive Learning. In this newly expanded role, Chris will continue to serve as the Chief Diversity Officer for the College, while also expanding his portfolio to include the development and oversight of additional strategic outreach and inclusive learning programs for the College, working closely with Mason’s central administration and the other academic units.

Please join me in congratulating Kim and Chris on their new roles. I know that they will continue to provide invaluable leadership to the College of Engineering and Computing.

Ken

____________________________________

Kenneth S. Ball, Ph.D., P.E.

Dean, College of Engineering and Computing

George Mason University

Nguyen Engineering Building

4400 University Drive, MS 4A3

Fairfax, VA 22030