Begin forwarded message:

From: Hamdi Kavak <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: DeapSECURE Virtual Fall Workshop
Date: November 9, 2021 at 1:20:53 PM EST
To: Sanjeev Setia <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Hi Sanjeev,

Can you please help me pass the following announcement to related researchers and faculty in SoC.

We are excited to announce the first DeapSECURE Virtual Fall Workshop for students and researchers across the Commonwealth of Virginia! This workshop is planned for November 19, 2021, from 1pm-5pm, using the Zoom video conferencing platform. Please see the attached flyer for more information and the way to sign up for the workshop (https://secure-web.cisco.com/1pnn7g6XR_ampiwA6sfFV1qBEHtAy6NWLY86Q49sWSLGYwc8GV_6fL2Ch3XyxxJzYECv8Jhxs7bF5leLr1234BeoVx4GJrWAeBrwEViZ50OuDEIXgRWHHKOmOq-xxnpcq9lcYZRZvZW9Ep-MVCYZjfMsm3-mve9RXM64vtC8NUh4_lOBSuyhvONzqCNtIC7xouI3Uf9Z6EAUxYe_TLaJPpaBKlWP7tP1mT-biY0bIdqd4HioOS8N34WxSWEd6iVkz8RGEsvVcNvuZ8Fx1YjQp_1P735skeDldb8O8HifDRk3m9Dll4-MvkhXL7JIanEPqnt1cFxqM89swWEn_4HeGTqAt7imV4YE8ZZ7p6-aMJac-_I4EextcSFib1ddFuifAFxAbbkGXyCp7-5JtbbDcsLHIznd3jIHlo5ShBywMqc8FxuudZjd9iSsfRo2f7t6kMS6Qv-S1tlxSrWWxHjsxaw/https%3A%2F%2Fdeapsecure.gitlab.io%2Fsign-up%2F<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeapsecure.gitlab.io%2Fsign-up%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmsosonki%40odu.edu%7C1060ce26f7a64728a7c508d9a16873bb%7C48bf86e811a24b8a8cb368d8be2227f3%7C0%7C0%7C637718293619348691%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=%2BN3OHYrw3EB2FZpQ5O2z6UACopOVh%2FOJJEydCERpWuw%3D&reserved=0>). There is no cost to participate!

DeapSECURE is an NSF-funded training on computational techniques as applied to cybersecurity research. For this Fall workshop, we are going to cover materials taken from our Big Data Analytics & Machine Learning modules. Materials will be introduced at an introductory level. DeapSECURE is a hands-on workshop, meaning that you will learn by doing the actual exercises on data analytics and machine learning. This program is open to any student and researcher with an interest in cybersecurity or high-performance computing techniques. No prior experience in big data or machine learning is necessary, but you must have basic computer programming experience.

Please sign up by Friday, November 12.

Survey disclosure: Assessment and participant’s feedback is an integral part of this NSF-funded training program; we require that all participants fill both the pre- and post-workshop surveys. By participating in this training, you agree to respond to our pre- and post-workshop surveys. Your individual responses will remain anonymous and confidential. We will use your collective responses and feedback to help us improve our lessons.

Should you have any question or input regarding the workshop and/or the surveys, please let us know by email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Sincerely,
The DeapSECURE team