Dear Master's in Biology students,

To register for thesis or project credits - BIOL 799 or BIOL 798 - you should be at the end of your MS course requirements. Thesis or Project registration is done in the final semester(s).
For spring 2022 registration:
 submit the Committee Formation form with signatures to my office by Monday November 15.

 submit a signed Thesis or Project Proposal Approval form by Monday December 6.

1) First form a committee made up of 3 graduate faculty with your research advisor / P.I. as the Committee Chair. The Chair of your committee can be from another department, as long as they are graduate faculty at Mason.  Talk with your research advisor / P.I. for suggestions on who may be appropriate candidates for your thesis or project committee.  A list of SSB faculty can be found on https://science.gmu.edu/academics/departments-units/systems-biology/research

2) Have your committee members sign the Committee Formation form, found on https://science.gmu.edu/academics/departments-units/systems-biology/student-forms under "Master's Students".  You should do this in the semester you begin the research.

3) Submit a proposal to your committee for approval ONE SEMESTER AHEAD of your planned BIOL 798 or BIOL 799 registration.  That means for spring 2022 registration, your proposal will need to be signed before the end of fall 2021 semester. Have your committee members sign the Proposal Approval form and send it to me along with a copy of the approved proposal.  I will get the department and Dean signatures.

4)  I will then email you the CRN to register for your credits.

Forms are found on https://science.gmu.edu/academics/departments-units/systems-biology/student-forms under "Master's Students".
Any questions please let me know.  You must meet the deadlines listed above in order to register for thesis or project credits in spring 2022.

thank you,
Diane St. Germain

Diane St. Germain
Graduate Student Services Coordinator
School of Systems Biology - College of Science
George Mason University, Science & Tech Campus
10900 University Blvd., MS 5B3
Manassas, VA 20110