The Spring 2022 schedule of classes is now viewable on PatriotWeb. Registration will begin on Novermber 3rd. Your registration time will be emailed directly to you from the Registrar's Office
this week. We encourage you to check the schedule of classes frequently on PatriotWeb as the schedule may change.
Please make a note the following information:
- Attached to this email is a list of elective course options and concentrations broken out.
- Note: As of this semester, the “no concentration” option is changing. Students will no longer be required to fulfill the “bucket areas.” If you chose not to have a concentration, you
will simply take five appropriate electives.
- Methods option: ISEC students have the option to enroll in either:
- POGO 511: Intro to Data Analysis or ITRN 501: Data Analysis for Global Political Economy
- To enroll in POGO 511 students must first pass a screening exam. Information about the exam can be found here http://schar.gmu.edu/511.
For ITRN 501, it’s recommended that students have prior knowledge of macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- The complete list of ISEC degree requirements can be found here.
- Students are encouraged to review the options under the BIOD, GOVT, ITRN, POGO, PUAD, and PUBP headings for other elective choices. Students should consult with an advisor with any questions
about elective eligibility.
- Course syllabi will be posted on the Schar
School syllabi page as they become available. If a syllabus is not yet posted, please review previous semesters' syllabi to get an idea of class requirements or contact
the teaching faculty directly to inquire
- All non-Schar courses will have to be pre-approved by your academic advisor before registering.
- The complete academic calendar and billing dates can be found on the Registrar's website.
***We have restricted registration on many ISEC courses to allow you priority registration. Please register as soon as possible to ensure you have a spot before we open them up to all students.***
Please note the following important wait list procedures:
· Students will be sent e-mails (to their Mason e-mail accounts) when waitlist
overrides are issued. Students will not be able to waitlist for a course if the following apply:
- They are already registered for another section of the same course.
- They are already on a waitlist for another section of the same course
· For more information please visit the Registrar's
Waitlist Information page.
As always, you can schedule an appointment with me as well at
https://nooney.youcanbook.me/. Note that I now have later appointments available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.