PhD Students—

As many of you know, every Fall the progress of the PhD students is evaluated by the department. For this, the students submit an annual progress report, and the PhD advisors provide their own evaluation of the student's progress to the PhD committee. Failure to complete your report will result in a Spring 2022 registration hold.

The Annual Progress report is only applicable to students who began in the Fall 2020 semester or earlier. If you began the program in Spring 2021 or Fall 2021, you do not have to complete the APR.

This academic year we’ve transitioned to an online form using Microsoft Forms: https://forms.office.com/r/4ZnfpR2iZW. Please be advised that this form cannot be saved and returned to at a later time. The department's recommendation is to review the form and then gather all necessary information prior to completing it. This form takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.

Please read each question and answer as thoroughly as possible. All questions are required unless indicated otherwise. For any questions that you are unable to answer due to your current standing in the PhD program, please respond with "Not Applicable", for example, if you have not Advanced to Candidacy, you can respond with "Not Applicable" to the question: "Number of CS 999 credits taken so far."

The submission deadline for your report is Friday, October 15th at 4:00 PM.

Differing from previous Annual Progress Reports, students will not need to contact their faculty advisors directly as they will be contacted by the department separately.

Additionally, we would be happy to answer any questions regarding your Progress Report or the PhD program as a whole either via email using [log in to unmask], within a virtual meeting using [log in to unmask]" title="https:[log in to unmask]">MS Bookings or during our on-campus walk-in hours from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on weekdays.

Thanks so much and take care!

Department of Computer Science

George Mason University

4400 University Dr, MS 4A5