Hello, DAEN students:

I hope you’re all well!  I wanted to send out a few quick reminders to everyone as we hit the halfway mark in the semester:

Advising Availability (No advising October 11th-15th)

I will be out of the office all of next week (October 11th-15th), and will not be returning to the office until October 18th. I will respond to your emails as soon as I can once I return on the 18th of October.

Fall Break

Fall Break occurs on Monday October 11th for Full-semester courses. That and other important dates are listed on the Registrar’s calendar.

Spring 2022 Registration

The Spring 2022 schedule is live now, and registration begins on November 3rd 2021. Please start thinking about your spring schedule. Some resources for class planning are listed below:

  1. How to search for classes:  Log in to Patriot Web and then go to Student Services > Registration > Registration and Planning > Browse Classes

  1. How to confirm whether a class counts towards your degree:
    1. Check your Degree Works Evaluation – Degree works is currently undergoing an update, so if your Degree Works evaluation does not look accurate, do not worry; just refer to the next two steps.
    2. Check the course Catalog listing to see what the approved core and elective courses are for your path of study

                                                               i.      Masters in Data Analytics Engineering

                                                             ii.      Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics Engineering

    1. IMPORTANT: Send your potential Spring 2022 registration plan to me to confirm your chosen classes are acceptable. Even if you do not have time for a full advising appointment, always clear your course selections with me via email ([log in to unmask]) before the semester starts to make sure you are on track to graduate. **

**For Mason Online/Corporate Cohort students only:
Registration can be slightly different for our students in the Mason Online program or a corporate cohort.  Please send me an email directly at [log in to unmask] if you need guidance on your particular process or have any questions.

I look forward to talking to you all again when I return on October 18th, and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Mary

Mary Baldwin-Slupe (she/her/hers)

Graduate Program Advisor - Data Analytics Program

College of Engineering and Computing | Volgenau School of Engineering

George Mason University

Research Hall, Room 372, MS 6B1

Upcoming Out-of-Office Dates: October 11th 2021 – October 15th 2021

[log in to unmask]" alt="GMU CEC">