Hello, DAEN Students:

I hope everyone's semester is off to a strong start! I wanted to take a moment to remind you all about some important upcoming drop deadlines:

Description
Full Semester
7.5 Week: Session I
7.5 Week: Session II
Last Day to Drop: With 100% Tuition Refund
Tues. Sept 7
Fri. Aug 27 (Final Drop)
Fri. Oct 22 (Final Drop)
Last Day to Drop: With 50% Tuition Refund
Tue. Sept 14
N/A
N/A
Unrestricted Withdrawal Period: 100% Tuition Liability
Wed. Sept 15 - Mon. Sept 27
Sat. Aug 28 - Fri. Sept 10
Sat. Oct 23 - Fri. Nov 5

Given those upcoming deadlines, I know some of you may be considering dropping a course for a number of different reasons.  If you are considering dropping a course, please reach out to me ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or your professor first. We can talk about why you're considering dropping, what support you might need, any financial aid implications you might have from reducing your course-load, and how the change will affect your overall path towards graduation. These are important things to consider, and I'm here to support you in making that decision.

Keep in Mind:

  *   We are past the add deadline for full-semester courses, so if you drop a course now, you will not be able to re-add the course if you change your mind. It is better to discuss it with me or your professor first just to make sure it is the best option for you this semester.
  *   Part of term courses run on different schedules, so always refer to the Registrar's Calendar<https://registrar.gmu.edu/calendars/fall_2021/> to check important registration deadlines for those terms.

As always, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns, and keep up the good work.

Best Regards,
Mary
Mary Baldwin-Slupe (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Advisor - Data Analytics Program
College of Engineering and Computing | Volgenau School of Engineering
George Mason University
Research Hall, Room 372, MS 6B1
Email: [log in to unmask]
[GMU CEC]