Hello all,

George Mason has a Graduate and Professional Student Association (GAPSA), which represents and advocates for the needs of graduate and professional students at Mason. GAPSA advises the Office of the Provost, Board of Visitors, and Graduate Council about decisions that impact the lives of graduate students.

GAPSA supports a "General Assembly" that is comprised of one student representative from each graduate program at Mason. The General Assembly sees potential changes at Mason that can impact graduate students, and representatives are tasked with conveying important information to their peers in their programs, and soliciting feedback for votes. The General Assembly covers topics such as graduate tuition & fees, fellowship opportunities, student life and events, etc. The General Assembly decisions are presented to the Board of Visitors and the Graduate Council.

Our program can nominate one student to serve as the program representative for the 2021-2022 General Assembly. This position allows our students to have a direct voice in University governance and decision-making, and it is excellent leadership experience for the student rep. Being a representative is not a major time commitment; the General Assembly meets just once a month (most likely virtually), and important information will be passed to representatives throughout the month.

If you are interested in serving as the representative, please reply by Friday, August 20 to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Our department has five graduate programs, so be sure to include the program you're in.

If you have further questions, you can contact GAPSA directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or visit their website at gapsa.gmu.edu.

Thank you!
Ryan Lucas & The Grad Team