From: Bunyavanich, Supinda <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 3:21 PM
To: Kimberly L Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Post-doctoral Position in Computational Biology, New York city

Hello!

I am seeking talented post-docs to join my lab and would be grateful if you could share the opportunity below with your contacts and networks.

Thank you,

Supinda

______________________________________

Supinda Bunyavanich, MD, MPH, MPhil

Professor of Genetics & Genomic Sciences

Professor of Pediatrics

Associate Director, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

1425 Madison Ave #1498, New York, NY 10029

Email: [log in to unmask]

Lab: http://bunyavanich.org

Post-doctoral Position in Computational Biology, New York City

The Bunyavanich Lab is seeking talented individuals who can fulfill the responsibilities and requirements below to apply for a post-doctoral position in our NIH-funded lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY.  The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary team that applies multi-omics and systems biology to interpret multi-scale data generated from subjects with asthma and allergic diseases. Our researchers receive generous packages, including robust salaries and a wealth of opportunities to participate in academic activities on campus and more broadly at regional, national, and international meetings. We are located in the heart of Manhattan, and Mount Sinai is one of the oldest and largest teaching hospitals in the US.

Responsibilities:

  • Analyze high-throughput sequence data.
  • Develop and implement methods to analyze these data.
  • Maintain large datasets linked to clinical data.
  • Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team.
  • Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry.
  • Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
  • Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required.

Requirements:

  • Degree in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
  • Outstanding programming skills in R, Python, and Unix shell scripting.
  • Excellent track record of analyzing sequence data. Experience with clinical cohorts and microbiome analysis a plus.
  • Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and statistical genetics. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases.
  • Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
  • Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines.
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations.
  • Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on several projects, and good understanding of analytic complexities to do independent research as well as assist other researchers.

Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV and detailed letter of interest to Professor Supinda Bunyavanich (Supinda.Bunyavanich at mssm.edu).