Dear SEOR graduate students:

We are looking forward to seeing you in the coming academic year. I want to let you know about a few items related to classes.

First, we have a couple of new classes that may be of interest, particularly to MS/SE students. These courses can count as electives. Or talk with your advisor to discuss how you can fit them into your program.

Second, we are offering a number of classes online in the fall. While Mason has a goal to return to an on-campus presence, we know that many students may be looking for online options. The table below gives a list of online courses for the fall. Note that many of these courses can also be taken in an in-person format if you prefer.

If you have any questions about your courses or plan of study, please contact your advisor. Or contact Mary Poirier ([log in to unmask]) in our office with any questions or issues. She will be able to let you know who your advisor is.

SEOR Fall Online Courses

SYST 500 DL2

Quant Fndtns Comput Sci

Xie, Yue

Does Not Meet

SYST 520 DL1

System Engineering Design

Huang, Edward

4:30pm

7:10pm

SYST 621 DL1

Systems Architecture Design

Zaidi, Syed Abbas K

4:30pm

7:10pm

OR 682 DL1

Numerical Analysis

Seshaiyer, Padmanabhan

7:20pm

10:00pm

OR 531 DL3

Analytics/Decision Analysis

Luo, Songjun

7:20pm

10:00pm

OR 531 DL1

Analytics/Decision Analysis

Luo, Songjun

4:30pm

7:10pm

OR 531 DL4

Analytics/Decision Analysis

Luo, Songjun

4:30pm

7:10pm

OR 531 DL5

Analytics/Decision Analysis

Richardson, Andrew X

4:30pm

7:10pm

OR 542 DL2

Stochastic Models

Chen, Chun-Hung

4:30pm

7:10pm

OR 568 DL1/SYST 568 DL1

Applied Predictive Analytics

Xu, Jie

7:20pm

10:00pm

OR 635 DL3

Discrete Syst Simulation

Xu, Jie

7:20pm

10:00pm

OR 670 DL2/OR 750 DL2

Metaheuristics Optimization

Ganesan, Rajesh

Does Not Meet

OR 681 DL1/SYST 573 DL1

Decision and Risk Analysis

Loerch, Andrew G

Does Not Meet

OR 699 DL3/SYST 699 DL3

Masters Project

Laskey, Kathryn B

4:30pm

7:10pm

SYST 505 DL2

Systems Engineering Principles

Ray, Jeffrey

7:20pm

10:00pm

SYST 510 DL1

Syst Def and Cost Modeling

Mulhearn, Michael F

7:20pm

10:00pm

SYST 523 DL1

Eng Resilient Enterprise Sys

Edson, Robert W

4:30pm

7:10pm

SYST 542 DL1

Desc Support Syst Engr

Locher, Mark A

4:30pm

7:10pm

SYST 611 DL1

System Methdlgy/Modeling

Zaidi, Syed Abbas K

4:30pm

7:10pm

SYST 630 DL1

Systems Engineering Mngt II

Jones, Rochelle R

7:20pm

10:00pm

John Shortle
Professor & Chair
Systems Engineering & Operations Research