Dear SEOR graduate students:

We are looking forward to seeing you in the coming academic year. I want to let you know about a few items related to classes.

First, we have a couple of new classes that may be of interest, particularly to MS/SE students. These courses can count as electives. Or talk with your advisor to discuss how you can fit them into your program.

  *   SYST 523: Engineering Resilient Enterprise Systems (Tue 4:30 – 7:10 pm, online)
  *   SYST 659: Systems Engineering & Artificial Intelligence (Mon 7:20-10:00 pm)

Second, we are offering a number of classes online in the fall. While Mason has a goal to return to an on-campus presence, we know that many students may be looking for online options. The table below gives a list of online courses for the fall. Note that many of these courses can also be taken in an in-person format if you prefer.

If you have any questions about your courses or plan of study, please contact your advisor. Or contact Mary Poirier ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) in our office with any questions or issues. She will be able to let you know who your advisor is.

SEOR Fall Online Courses
SYST 500 DL2
Quant Fndtns Comput Sci
Xie, Yue
Does Not Meet

SYST 520 DL1
System Engineering Design
Huang, Edward
4:30pm
7:10pm
SYST 621 DL1
Systems Architecture Design
Zaidi, Syed Abbas K
4:30pm
7:10pm
OR 682 DL1
Numerical Analysis
Seshaiyer, Padmanabhan
7:20pm
10:00pm
OR 531 DL3
Analytics/Decision Analysis
Luo, Songjun
7:20pm
10:00pm
OR 531 DL1
Analytics/Decision Analysis
Luo, Songjun
4:30pm
7:10pm
OR 531 DL4
Analytics/Decision Analysis
Luo, Songjun
4:30pm
7:10pm
OR 531 DL5
Analytics/Decision Analysis
Richardson, Andrew X
4:30pm
7:10pm
OR 542 DL2
Stochastic Models
Chen, Chun-Hung
4:30pm
7:10pm
OR 568 DL1/SYST 568 DL1
Applied Predictive Analytics
Xu, Jie
7:20pm
10:00pm
OR 635 DL3
Discrete Syst Simulation
Xu, Jie
7:20pm
10:00pm
OR 670 DL2/OR 750 DL2
Metaheuristics Optimization
Ganesan, Rajesh
Does Not Meet

OR 681 DL1/SYST 573 DL1
Decision and Risk Analysis
Loerch, Andrew G
Does Not Meet

OR 699 DL3/SYST 699 DL3
Masters Project
Laskey, Kathryn B
4:30pm
7:10pm
SYST 505 DL2
Systems Engineering Principles
Ray, Jeffrey
7:20pm
10:00pm
SYST 510 DL1
Syst Def and Cost Modeling
Mulhearn, Michael F
7:20pm
10:00pm
SYST 523 DL1
Eng Resilient Enterprise Sys
Edson, Robert W
4:30pm
7:10pm
SYST 542 DL1
Desc Support Syst Engr
Locher, Mark A
4:30pm
7:10pm
SYST 611 DL1
System Methdlgy/Modeling
Zaidi, Syed Abbas K
4:30pm
7:10pm
SYST 630 DL1
Systems Engineering Mngt II
Jones, Rochelle R
7:20pm
10:00pm

John Shortle
Professor & Chair
Systems Engineering & Operations Research