From: George Oberle <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: New Databases GMU Libraries Purchased

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce another set of resources which we have added to our permanent collections. These items were purchased by the GMU Libraries with end of year money. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope these can be useful to you.

Thanks,

George

The following collections are available via the database A-Z list.

Archives of Sexuality and Gender (Gale)

Collection of historical primary source publications relating to the history and study of sex, sexuality, gender research and gender studies research. Materials span the sixteenth to twentieth-first centuries. Documentation covering disciplines such as social, political, health, and legal issues impacting LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer) communities around the world are included, as well as rare and unique books on sex and sexuality from the sciences to the humanities.

Financial Times Historical Archive 1888-2016 (Gale)

Complete run of the London edition of this daily paper, from its first issue through 2016. Note we previously had 1888-2010, so this represents the addition of 2011-2016, bringing our backfile up-to-date.

Liberty Magazine Historical Archive, 1924-1950 (Gale)

One of the most popular American illustrated weekly magazines of the 1920s-1950s. Containing over 17,000 articles and stories, this digital archive includes the complete 26-year run of the magazine, all scanned in full color and fully searchable.

Slavery and Anti-Slavery: A Transnational Archive (Gale)

Primary source collection devoted to the study and understanding of the history of slavery in America and the rest of the world from the 17th century to the late 19th century. It consists of more than five million cross-searchable pages sourced from books, pamphlets, newspapers, periodicals, legal documents, court records, monographs, manuscripts, and maps from many different countries covering the history of the slave trade.

Ethnomusicology: Global Field Recordings (Adam Matthew)

Produced in collaboration with the UCLA Ethnomusicology Archive, the material in this collection includes thousands of audio field recordings and interviews, educational recordings, film footage, field notebooks, slides, correspondence and ephemera from over 60 fields of study.

George D. Oberle III, Ph.D. MLS
History Librarian

Director, Center for Mason Legacies

Assistant Term Professor Department of History and Art History

Fenwick Library rm. 4002
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-993-4175 (I am not onsite so please email)