From: Siddhartha Sikdar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Thematic Conference Planning
Hi Jiayang,
Of course, ***
I am attaching the slides for the NRT. We have our CASBBI events on Fridays at 1:00 pm. The calendar is here: https://casbbi.gmu.edu/calendar/ You are welcome to join any event you wish. More specifically, if you know any STAT PhD students who might be suitable for the NRT program, it is still not too late to join the 2021 cohort starting in Summer. Please direct them to the application page: https://casbbi.gmu.edu/nrt-program/

-Siddhartha

  1.  Provost awards opportunities – with deadlines on 5/15 and others

The Office of the Provost is now accepting applications for the Fall 2021 High Impact Grants.

These competitive grants are a new funding opportunity for master’s and doctoral students. They provide tuition support for graduate students’ courses that significantly enhance training and education and/or satisfy credit-bearing requirements towards completion of the graduate degree.  View the attachment or visit our website at https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants
[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants>
Awards and Grants | Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President<https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants>
Mason strategically invests in our graduate students through fellowships, awards, and grants. Graduate student fellowships and grants are awarded to enhance academic performance, promote research of consequence, and advance professional development.
provost.gmu.edu
.

The application deadline is 5pm on Saturday, May 15, 2021 . We ask that you disseminate this information widely as you deem appropriate.

Please check out https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants
for other types of students’ awards and their deadlines.

Jiayang Sun, Ph.D.
Professor and Bernard Dunn Eminent Scholar
Chair, Department of Statistics
George Mason University
Nguyen Engineering Building
4400 University Dr.
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-993-9107 (Office Manager and Asst. to Chair)
703-993-4732 (Direct)