Please see below for an opportunity for summer work as a GPA.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michele Schwietz <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: CHSS Research GPA Position for Summer 2021 AND NSF Virtual Grants Conference

Date: April 20, 2021 at 2:00:29 PM EDT

To: [log in to unmask]

Dear CHSS Chairs and Directors, and Center Directors.

We have two announcements and ask that you please share with your colleagues!

First, from Brooke Gowl:

CHSS Research is in the process of hiring a graduate professional assistant (GPA) to work with Brooke Gowl, Associate Director of Research Development, this summer, with the possibility of a continued appointment into AY 2021-2022. The attached position contains all the details. This 10-hour per week position will assist CHSS Research in writing and producing information in support of faculty research and scholarship. The GPA will be responsible for assisting with various resources, such as maintaining content for the research section of the CHSS website, assisting with CHSS Research events, and creating articles for the research portion of the CHSS Digest (CHSS's monthly email publication). The GPA will also work collaboratively with other groups in the Dean's office.  Priority deadline for applications is midnight on May 5, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.

Would you please share this opportunity with your graduate students?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Brooke

Brooke A. Gowl, Ph.D.

Associate Director of Research Development

College of Humanities and Social Sciences

George Mason University

703-993-6392

Second: from the National Science Foundation:

Image removed by sender. 21SprHeader_email

Save the Date! Join the National Science Foundation (NSF) for the Spring 2021 NSF Virtual Grants Conference, to be held during the week of June 7-11, 2021.

Registration will be free of charge and opens on Wednesday, May 5 at 12 p.m. EST. We anticipate the sessions will reach capacity very quickly, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible. Be on the lookout for our Registration is Open email, which will provide the registration links and details for this event.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender. 21spr video

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

In the meantime, please feel free to checknsfpolicyoutreach.com for the most up-to-date information and view recordings of sessions from previous years. You may also view the Fall 2020 Virtual Grants Conference recordings on ourYouTube page. For those who cannot attend the live conference, all recorded conference sessions will be available on-demand shortly after the event and posted on our website and our YouTube page.

If you have any logistical questions about this virtual conference, please contact us at:[log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in June!

Sincerely,

The National Science Foundation

Thank you!

Michele

Michele S. Schwietz, PhD

Associate Dean for Research

College of Humanities and Social Sciences