Sent on behalf of Rebekah Hersch and Art Pyster:

Dear Colleagues,

Attached and linked here is a new Program Solicitation from NSF entitled, Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR): Institutes for Data-Intensive Research in Science and Engineering<https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505828&org=OAC&sel_org=OAC&from=fund> due January 21, 2021.  As noted in the solicitation, This solicitation will establish a group of HDR Institutes for data-intensive research in science and engineering that can accelerate discovery and innovation in a broad array of research domains. The HDR Institutes will support convergence between science and engineering research communities as well as expertise in data science foundations, systems, applications, and cyberinfrastructure. The HDR Institutes will enable breakthroughs in science and engineering through collaborative, co-designed programs to formulate innovative data-intensive approaches to address critical national challenge.

We believe that Mason faculty have the expertise and experience to submit a very competitive proposal. To that end, we will be convening a meeting of interested faculty from across Mason to be held Wednesday, November 18th 10:30 am-12:00 pm. The Zoom Meeting link or call in number is https://gmu.zoom.us/j/98628370043; 301-715-8592. Please contact Rebekah Hersch if you would like an Outlook calendar invitation. To help facilitate the discussion, please complete this brief form https://secure-web.cisco.com/1JBiMRVeuB2urKSkaP09w4fdfcw8eXuTSgM3KC2lLv4oWPw_23TI9bTfV3fgDM7bu_QV5B7PoaKnD1Z1sT3_PJT5DNlWOKp22U2mZuWS2fjY9DdeB9KhUOUZakWPDc6KSUfJkMU6TgTRKDRsWWCuiSKB5kBA-Q1GiC5zk5McDm13jv1tFci54Bot8dbPMRWuyp7NTGrvWoOTu_7BENe32zIg2uXQlQWtBVRQT8vFxoXsSiX---PThr1JLQlLkNkwKNVZt15jXi2Qb_iuAx5ZS0kql2R9KaZWXzMPN4n73jG6-FGf8AtMtMMvo8YRDQauUwSOzfAIOiD3_agJp7RjP4ztI5coQPzhje29y86vM6xl0Y0mTA7uDS5zCGoQaOGbxUtras9UyUqlQvzxqkwSPV0HppM-7UCcO0u0uAwajBu9eqC5KQDVbjmOXDbA5d2ka7b9LzC1NebxDA9ghkxLh-Q/https%3A%2F%2Fgmu.az1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_egqcnLZrnoLB2g5 letting us know your specific areas of interest with respect to the solicitation.

NSF is conducting a webinar on the solicitation, November 17, 2:00 pm-3:15 pm. We encourage all interested faculty to participate in the Webinar and think about potential cross unit collaborations to discuss in our meeting on Wednesday.  Additional details about the NSF webinar can be found here: https://www.nsf.gov/events/event_summ.jsp?cntn_id=301582&org=CISE.

If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Rebekah Hersch ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Art Pyster ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Regards,
Rebekah and Art