Dear CS-PhD students ,

On behalf of the PhD-CS student organization, we (Abdulrahman Alshammari and Angeela Acharya) are writing this email to introduce our organization to all of you. We are both Ph.D. students in the Computer science department and have been active members of this organization.

PhD-CS student organization started last semester (Spring 2020), with full support from Prof. Rangwala and Prof. Aydin, with a mission to establish a strong connection among the CS/IT Ph.D. students. With the help of this organization, we aim to encourage students to support each other in various aspects of their studies and research during their Ph.D. program and even after graduation. We believe that our organization serves as a way of socializing while also working together to help the department achieve the desired goals. This organization is fully managed by students (with great support from the department) and we would like to keep it growing every year. As we want to provide space for students to share their experiences and help each other even with non- academic issues, we had planned to meet regularly for coffee break hours, pizza parties, and outdoor activities. The plan has not been the same because of the Covid-19 Pandemic. However, we will still hold regular meetings virtually using Slack/Zoom.

We decided to send this email to inform everyone about this organization. We will be happy to hear advice from your experiences to make this organization stronger. We know that Ph.D. is very stressful for everyone, so we want to make sure that we have space where we can enjoy and be helpful at the same time.

If you are not in the organization yet and you like to join us, please do not hesitate to contact Abdulrahman at [log in to unmask]And, thank you so much for reading this email. We will always be happy to hear your feedback.

Best Regards,
Abdulrahman and Angeela
PhD-CS Student Organization Team