The Fall 2020 schedule of classes is now viewable on PatriotWeb. Registration will begin on
May 1st. Your registration time will be emailed directly to you from the Registrar's Office this week. As indicated in the Provost's email to all students, the university
is considering the best options for course delivery in the Fall, and updates will be provided as they are available.
Please make a note the following information:
- To enroll in POGO 511 students must first pass a screening exam. Information about this is at
- POGO 550, 750 and PUBP 710
are general elective numbers that can be taken multiple times with different topics. Different PUBP 710/POGO 750 courses fall into different I-SEC area requirements (aka buckets) and
concentrations. Please let me know if you have questions about this.
- Attached to this email is a list of elective course options and area requirements (aka ‘buckets’) and concentrations broken out
- Students are encouraged to review the options under the BIOD, GOVT, ITRN, POGO, PUAD, and PUBP headings for other elective choices. Students
should consult with an advisor with any questions about elective eligibility.
- Course syllabi will be posted on the
Schar School syllabi page as they become available. If a syllabus is not yet posted, please review previous semesters' syllabi to get an idea of class requirements or
contact the teaching faculty directly to inquire
- All non-Schar courses will have to be pre-approved by your academic advisor before registering.
- The complete academic calendar and billing dates can be found on the
Please note the following important wait list procedures:
Students will be sent e-mails (to their Mason e-mail accounts) when waitlist overrides are issued. Students will not be able to waitlist for a course if the following apply:
- They are already registered for another section of the same course.
- They are already on a waitlist for another section of the same course
For more information please visit the
Registrar's Waitlist Information page.
Finally, to assist you with the registration process, I will be holding "Virtual Advising Open House" hours this Wednesday and Thursday from 12pm-1pm, and on Friday from 10am-12pm.
To join, please visit: https://gmu.webex.com/meet/specini
Should you have any questions, let me know.
Director of Student Services
Schar School of Policy and Government