From: CHSS Grad Admins <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Susan A. Turriziani
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2020 5:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Important information and deadlines for Master's & Doctoral students writing theses & dissertations

Please see the important information below.

Best,

Susan

University Dissertation & Thesis Services (UDTS) is here to help our graduate students complete their programs successfully, SAFELY, and on time.

If you are a Master's student writing a thesis, or a Doctoral student writing a dissertation, and you are planning to graduate in Spring 2020, please be aware of the following extremely important information:

If you have not already emailed your document to us for the Format Review, please do so as soon as possible. Our email address is [log in to unmask]

The Format Review deadline for Spring 2020 is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1. In order to be eligible to graduate in Spring 2020, you must receive an email from us on or by that date/time stating that your formatting is correct, and your Format Review is over.

The Final Submission deadline for Spring 2020 is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 8. You must turn in the final copy of your thesis/dissertation and all necessary materials to us on or by that date in order to be eligible to graduate in Spring 2020. When we refer to the "final copy" of your document, we are referring to the document that has fulfilled all of the following criteria:

  1. UDTS has reviewed and approved your document's formatting in the Format Review;
  2. You have successfully defended (if a Defense is a requirement for your degree/discipline);
  3. And your committee has approved your content.

Because of the current public health situation, all Final Submissions will occur via email. You will email your materials to us at [log in to unmask]. After you pass the Format Review, we will send you an email explaining in detail the steps in Final Submission.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any further information. We look forward to working with you, and we hope you're well and safe.

Thank you,

Sally

Sally R. Evans

Coordinator

University Dissertation & Thesis Services

George Mason University

2005 Fenwick Library

Phone: 703-993-2222

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm